Wednesday, January 16, 2013

In Which I May Have Lost My Mind Art Yarn

I have been wanting to spin a funky, colorful, corespun yarn with bits added into it, so today, I did!  No one in my family has seen this yarn yet, but I'm sure when they do, they will think I've lost the remainder of my sanity!  Especially since the last yarn I spun was a simple, traditional, 3-ply alpaca.

Here is the result of my insanity!  I call it, Clownfetti! (Clown + Confetti)
















I corespun colors of Romney, Shetland, Alpaca, and some unknown wool on a cotton core.  As I was spinning, I added in bits of recycled cashmere from a sweater, dyed lincoln locks, and yes, that is tinsel from my neighbors Christmas tree!  I then plyed it with navy blue sewing thread.  I ended up with 14 yards.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I LOVE it!  It is so funky and fun!  I am going to wash it to set the twist and put it up for sale in my Etsy shop.  I can totaly see this yarn incorporated into a crazy hat!

Here are a couple more pictures just for a little eye candy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment